Monday, September 6, 2010

August 2010 MUCH Newsletter

Hello family and friends,

The last week in July and two weeks in August have been the hottest days that I remember since I moved here in 2002. Russia is having big problems because of the heat. Fields are burning and forests are being threatened by fires ignited by the extreme heat and dry grass. It seems that there is always someone who has bigger problems than I do. That helps me balance my attitude.

I had a very pleasant surprise last week. The children of the family of thirteen that I stay with when I visit Froonza, Crimea visited Ira’s church. They are a musical group, singing and playing Ukrainian folk instruments. It was wonderful to see them here in Illichevsk. I will see them again in September when I go to Froonza to check on our new massage program. We will begin treating thirteen disabled children in the village. This is the beginning. Only God knows how it will blossom.

Recently, I met a woman who is interested in my work with disadvantaged children. She lives in a city on the other side of Odessa. She and friends from her church had begun to visit orphanages in her city and nearby. After a short time, as I understand it, one of them wanted to adopt one of the children. It was not long before they were no longer allowed to come. You see, the income of the orphanage depends on the number of children. Doesn’t that break your heart?

In our communication, this woman told me about her desire to help the children. Her desire was great, but she had no direction. She didn’t know how to connect the love that God had put in her heart with the children whom she saw with such great needs. I will visit these children in the near future and learn what I can about the administration. This could open a new door in the future for MUCH to reach out to another group. So, I will ask that you pray with me about the possible new door that could open for MUCH to help these children.

I have been invited to visit the transition home ministry in Tiraspol, Moldova in October. They are supported by the church that I visited in Akron, Ohio. The goal is to help children transition from life in an orphanage to life in the real world. I look forward to learning how we can help our children become more successful in life. I will give you a report about my visit in the October newsletter.

Thank you for your interest, help, and prayers for what God is doing through MUCH here in Ukraine. Many lives are changing; many children are being given a second chance to succeed in life.

Blessings of love and healing,
Mark

No comments: